Sorry, KNIME UI has stopped due to an error.

Today I upgraded the KNIME extension v.5.2.2, but after restarting I cannot use the modern UI. Is there a solution for this?

1 Like

Hi @arief_rama,

Would you share the knime.log (workspace>.metadata>knime>knime.log) as well?

Also, would you try to start KNIME AP in a new workspace and see if the issue persists?

1 Like

Hi @armingrudd this is screen shoot of my knime.log

I’ve already run KNIME AP in a new workspace, but the problem persists. I cannot use the modern UI.

I’m so used to using KNIME Modern UI that I feel nervous using Classical UI when I switch back to it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @arief_rama,

May I asked if you have HCS Tools from community extensions installed? And if yes, does uninstalling the extension solve the issue?

2 Likes

Hi @armingrudd thank you for you suggestion. Now I can back to access Modern UI KNIME v.5.2.2 :smiley:

Why can HCS tools from community extensions cause the Modern UI to not function after an upgrade? Is this issue only happening to me?

1 Like

We are investigating the issue at the moment and will keep you updated.

No, I can also reporduce the issue with the extension installed.

@armingrudd … Once again thank you :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dear @arief_rama,

There is an update for the HCS Tools from the community extensions now which fixes the issue.

Thanks again for reporting this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

KNIME Analytics Platform 5.2.3 has been released, which fixes the root cause of the problem discussed above.

1 Like

Internal ticket ID: NXT-2490
Fix version(s): 5.3.0, 5.2.3
Other related topic(s):